Accelerating the transformation to digital manufacturing workflows with its extensive suite of software, 3D Systems delivers high quality products with digital precision and speed – from digitization and design to manufacturing, inspection and production management.
New versions of Geomagic Design X and Geomagic Wrap streamline workflows and empower designers and engineers with digital tools to achieve greater precision as well as helping manufacturers maintain competitive advantage by accelerating product development cycles – achieving faster time to market.
New Geomagic Design X 2020 Features Increase Efficiency with Improved Accuracy
3D Systems’ Geomagic Design X combines robust 3D scan processing and complete CAD design functionality to enable faster, more accurate and reliable reverse engineering than possible with other methods.
With the release of Geomagic Design X 2020, engineers will have access to the following unprecedented new features:
• Revolved parts with features have historically been very cumbersome to model as CAD software is using a two-dimensional environment to create three-dimensional, rotating parts with multi-axis features. The process often requires a great deal of trial-and re-work to get to a final part – often times sacrificing precision.
The newest Geomagic Design X release includes an Unroll/Reroll function that enables a new modeling workflow to tackle these complex, revolved parts. Using a comprehensive suite of mesh processing tools, an engineer can unroll the mesh to automatically extract a 2D sketch, make the modifications needed, and then reroll the sketch for additional engineering. This feature reduces the need for multiple rounds of trial and re-work, dramatically improving part precision, efficiency and downstream usability.
• Topology optimized parts and castings with precision features present unique challenges for repatriating a generative mesh, or 3D scan into CAD with intelligence.
The new Selective Surfacing features in Geomagic Design X 2020 simplify the hybrid modeling process, providing easy workflows for traditionally difficult parts with both organic and prismatic features. Selective Surfacing combines very fast organic surfacing with high precision feature modeling methods. This results in accelerated productivity while providing greater downstream CAD re-usability, and maintaining control over model accuracy.
Geomagic Wrap 2021 Includes Enhanced Automation to Accelerate Workflows
Geomagic Wrap provides the industry’s most well-known toolset to transform 3D scan data and imported files into 3D models for immediate use in downstream engineering applications across a variety of industries.
With the latest release of Geomagic Wrap 2021, it includes features such as scripting automation and texture manipulation that accelerate designs; thus enabling faster time-to-market.
• 3D Systems’ Geomagic Wrap is the only product in its class that includes scripting automation that enables engineers to work more efficiently.
The latest release includes a new scripting editor that allows engineers to customize their workflow for their unique applications. The editor uses Python – an open source, widely used programming language with which many engineers are very familiar – to interact with the custom Geomagic Wrap accessible features.
This has enabled a much simpler experience with new tools such as ‘auto complete’ and ‘contextual highlighting’ that accelerate the design of accurate, 3D surfaced models. These new features are complemented by enhanced API Documentation that will be live-hosted on the company’s support site providing customers access to continuously updated documentation.
• Geomagic Wrap 2021 includes new texture manipulation tools to streamline workflows involving color and texture scans. When an engineer scans an object that includes colors, logos or other complex visual elements in a scan-to-web workflow or digital asset creation, an additional software program is generally required to edit and re-touch these files prior to manipulating the surface textures.
The latest release includes a more robust set of texture map manipulation tools to deal with complex geometries directly within Geomagic Wrap. Having these advanced capabilities included in the same program streamlines the workflow – enabling creation of higher quality and more logical texture maps for improved downstream usability – helping improve efficiencies and reduce design time
• A new HD Mesh Construction method provides a powerful way to construct 3D data from point clouds. This can be a particularly challenging operation when dealing with a scan that is missing information, or for those that result in large data sets. HD Mesh Construction is designed to overcome these challenges, enabling engineers to create watertight meshes.
More Geomagic software available…