FARO 8-Axis Design ScanArm is the first color capable portable lightweight 3D scanning solution providing an unprecedented ergonomic experience.
This lightweight and easily maneuverable ScanArm is available in lengths of 2.5m, 3.5m and 4.0m. The 8th axis, a complete rotational axis identical to and a natural extension of all FaroArm® products, is integrated, high accuracy additional axis, requires no additional setup time or effort, is able to seamlessly scans challenging products, objects and prototypes.
Using the new FARO PRIZM™ full color Laser Line Probe with powerful 3D design and modeling software, the 8-Axis Design ScanArm delivers high-resolution color point-cloud data enabling more insight into object design and creation, geometry, surface composition and differentiation between materials. The color information is also used in high-quality 3D visualization of rendering objects in gaming, movies and online marketing.
The Design ScanArm 2.5C comes equipped with dual, hot swappable batteries that enable continuous operation with no need for external power when the application requires measurement in the field or shop floor. FARO kinematic iProbe’s easy connect/disconnect combined with a simplified quick release, makes the device effortless to operate regardless of skill level or 3D scanning experience.
The FARO 8-Axis Design ScanArm 2.5C is the ideal color capable 3D scanning solution for any organization that may have the need to:
- Capture and digitize objects and props in full realistic detail for digital visualization
- Manufacture parts without existing CAD models
- Develop aftermarket products that need to fit tightly with existing products
- Digital archiving and historical preservations
- Reverse engineer legacy parts for design changes or replacement
- Create digital libraries to decrease inventory and warehouse costs
- Design aesthetically pleasing, freeform surfaces
- Leverage the power of rapid prototyping