1. Launching of Figure 4 Rigid White
72 FULL SETS PRODUCED IN JUST 24 HOURS (144 SINGLE PARTS)
Stacked printing enables higher productivity and throughput with batched 3D printing, cleaning and post-curing operations, like with this inline enclosure.
Figure 4 Rigid White is a production-grade, biocompatible capability opaque white material, providing long-term environmental stability and long-lasting clean white color. With its feature of 65°C heat deflection temperature and high elongation at break
Figure 4 Rigid White material is suitable for snap-fit applications, medical, consumer goods as well as industrial manufacturing applications and other applications where a smooth surface finishing, long-term indoor and outdoor stability.
2. Geomagic for SOLIDWORKS 2021
The release of Geomagic for SOLIDWORKS 2021 enhances the scan-to-CAD workflows inside of SOLIDWORKS by enabling reverse engineering directly from point clouds and the new workflow improvements speed up the overall reverse-engineering process.
Geomagic for SOLIDWORKS 2021 helps you save time and money with the ability to:
- Extract geometry and features directly from point cloud data
- Create sketches and design directly from point cloud data
- Create 3D Splines from both polygon and point cloud data
3. 3D Systems Announces Breakthrough in Bioprinting Technology and Expansion of Regenerative Medicine Initiative
3D Systems announced its decision to significantly expand its development efforts focused on regenerative medicine and bioprinting solutions. This decision was driven by the tremendous progress made in collaboration with United Therapeutics Corporation (NASDAQ:UTHR) and its organ manufacturing and transplantation-focused subsidiary, Lung Biotechnology PBC, on the development of 3D printing systems for solid-organ scaffolds.
Leveraging this work as well as accomplishments with additional partners, 3D Systems intends to invest, further develop, and commercialize solutions for the diverse application opportunities in regenerative medicine, including the development of non-solid organ applications requiring biologically sustainable vasculature.
Building on the progress the company has made to date, 3D Systems is infusing additional resources into its regenerative medicine R&D efforts to accelerate development programs that expand on the scope of potential applications. The company intends to add additional regenerative medicine domain expertise to its team, complementing the deep technology experience and expertise focused on these advanced applications. Additionally, the company is growing its roster of partners to broaden the portfolio of solutions the company offers. 3D Systems previously announced collaborations with CollPlant Biotechnologies (NASDAQ:CLGN) and Antleron that expanded its capabilities in regenerative medicine.
- Demonstration of high rate, micron-level printing capability enabling vascularization required to sustain living cells
- Critical technology elements reach level required to dramatically expand application opportunities in human body
- Pathway for accelerated new drug therapy development and reduced need for animal testing through bioprinted cellular in vitro laboratory tools
- Company expanding investment in 2021 to commercialize targeted applications and accelerate long term, profitable growth in healthcare
Join Barbara Miller-Webb and Kevin Marchant of MasterGraphics, along with Kevin Hse Application Engineer from 3D Systems for an introduction to Figure 4 technology and its nine major benefits to designers and engineers. Discover the use cases of Figure 4 and walkthrough the key features and functionalities of 3D Sprint software.
Figure 4 is an ultra-fast additive manufacturing technology that enable direct digital production as a tool-less alternative to traditional injection molding and urethane casting. Figure 4 offers expandable capacity to meet your present and future needs with accessibility to wide range of innovative materials that enable same-day production and prototypes parts to help you do more.